Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Power of Accountability

Allow me to preface this blog with this statement: I am GUILTY!! What I am about to discuss is an area I really stink. I am the last one to preach about this topic. But I figure if I shed some light on the issue, maybe I can guilt myself into better habits. So here we go.

Think of the last time you were eating in public with a group of people. Ever notice how everyone is eating PERFECTLY!!! With the exception of family gatherings, I am the worse. This past weekend, I attended a work conference and the kind folks hosting the conference provided a sandwich/salad buffet. Everyone in the room had more green on their plate than a vegan during Thanksgiving. I began to look around the room and noticed a few "larger" folks, yours truly included, were eating a well balanced meal. On top of that, we didn't go back for seconds. Questions started to pop in my head. How huge is accountability? Or guilt? I wouldn't mind having a well toned individual by my side each day. Our environment shapes us.

Now comes the guilt trip. Imagine the impact accountability would have in all of our lives? Not only for health reasons, but spiritual as well. Often we forget Jesus is by our side day in and day out, yet we continue to disappoint Him as well as ourselves. There's accountability looking you right in the face. Time to take action.

God Bless and thanks for reading.

Side Note: No intentions to be on a high horse about this issue. We all need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment