Saturday, October 26, 2013

Low to be High

Life is full of "highs" and "lows." When we are down, we find a way to make time to pray, read and focus on life more intently. When we are up, we have it all figured out. Each of us have had many highs and lows in life. Some have had more than others, but we each have our stories. Luckily for me, I have a healthy family, both intermediate and extended. Nothing tragic so far. Luckily for me, God has blessed me with an income to provide, a body to use and a mind to apply...still a full head of hair and no grey.

When the lows do hit in life, they stink. But how great would the highs be without the lows? I believe this is an area, in many of our lives, we forget to remember. When the lows hit, it's important to remember how great life really is. Life's little trivial issues become irrelevant when compared to those who are in greater disarray. Yes, lows will hit, but when they do, remember its only a stage. A stage God is using to prepare you to grow and become closer to him.

The other day I was talking with a colleague. He noticed I was having trouble standing still. Eventually he had to ask why and I explained I was going through a little back issue. As I began to explain my back problems, I noticed a man, in voice hearing range, with only one arm. Immediately I could hear God: "Tyler, pipe down, he has it worse." That moment hit me hard. I wrapped up the back explanation, thus this blog, and was reminded there are many lows in life. More than likely someone has hit worse than you. Life is good. God is great.  

God Bless and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment