Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flying 101

I really enjoy traveling. I could sit in an airport and watch people for hours. The thrill of getting into a car that is not 10 plus years old or staying in a room where its okay to leave a mess when you leave, satisfies the inner American me. My work has changed over the past few weeks and allotted me the opportunity to do some travel. Nothing major. A few trips to Montana via air. Over the last 15 years, I have flown at least 20 times and during my last trip I thought I could share a few traveling tips I have learned. I will post this blog to Facebook and would appreciate any traveling tips you may have. These will be airline trips only...no road trip suggestions.

  1. Wait: I have found it works best to wait and board a plane. Airlines don't care where you sit on the plane. With my 6'2'' 225lbs frame, I need space. By waiting for the plan to load, I can be last and possibly chose a seat up front or an entire row not occupied.
  2. Headphones: There are some days I enjoy talking and there are days I want to be shut out from the world. Days I travel through airports I prefer to be shut out. Pop on the headphones and not a soul will talk with you.
  3. Differentiate: Have a black piece of luggage? When it comes time to grab your luggage, do you have a tough time knowing which is yours? I wrap a bandana around mine and know exactly which piece is mine.
  4. Move: The body can take its toll sitting on a plane for 2-4 hours, eating snack food at airports and lack of sleep. Get up and walk around between flights. Great way to get exercise.
Well nothing special, but I hope these tips will some day help you make your travels easy. Best of luck and enjoy your next get-a-way.

God Bless and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment